If you are admitted to the hospital, please remember to bring the following:
- Identification showing your name, address and date of birth
- Health Card
- Supplemental insurance information (if applicable) including the insurance company name, policy & certificate number, and the name, birthdate & employer of the insured member
- All medications you are currently taking
- Pyjamas, bathrobe and slippers
- Reading material, including a TV guide if you plan to rent a TV
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, facial tisues, shampoo and body/hand lotion. These items are not supplied by the hospital, and are available for purchase at the Gift Shop
- (if applicable) Hearing aid with extra batteries, or other necessary assistance devices
Please do NOT bring any valuables, jewellery or large sums of money. We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Your Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) will cover your in-hospital treatment costs. Preferred accommodation charges, however, including telephone and television, are not covered by your Health Plan. They are your responsibility.
You may have additional health insurance to cover the cost of a private or semi-private room. Please bring this insurance information with you at the time of your admission to hospital. The hospital will submit claims to your insurance company. However, the responsibility for payment remains yours.
Preferred accommodation charges include private and semi-private room charges. TV and telephone are not covered by the OHIP Health Plan and may be available for a charge. In the event that the preferred accommodation is not immediately available, every effort will be made to transfer you to the requested accommodation as soon as possible.